Saturday, June 4, 2011

How I Stumbled Upon Sisterlocks

For years, I had been in the normal routine of relaxing my hair, bumping the ends and wrapping it.  I wore every style that was popular at the time, beginning with the Wave Nuevo back in the 80’s. 
After loosing a patch of hair immediately after relaxing it around 2006, I decided I was absolutely finished with putting unnecessary chemicals in my hair.  For about four years I grew my hair, and refused to relax it, I clipped a little at the time, until all of the relaxer was out of my hair.  I had NO idea how to style it.  I wore braids, wigs, and would often flat iron my hair just to be able to manage it.  I wanted dreadlocks, and bad!!  The only problem I had was that I did not want to cut off all of my hair, and start from scratch.  I was uneducated and did not know any other option for managing my natural hair. 
One day, I met a lady in the parking lot with traditional locks.  After talking with her for over an hour, she told me to check out Sisterlocks.  I went home and Googled them and have been falling in love every since.
About two weeks later, I found a consultant, Altamarie Woods, on the Sisterlock website.  I felt like this was a sign, because she and I went to the same high school!!  She put the sample locks in my and my husband’s head, and about two weeks later, she was installing my husband’s Brotherlocks.  I was right behind him the next weekend getting my Sisterlocks . .  .  and the journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment